I'm Irish (and have been all my life)
I've been writing code since I was 12 years old (professionally since 22 or so), and some day – hopefully soon - I'll figure out how to do it properly.
I'm married (sorry ladies), and she's gorgeous, she's so far out of my league we're playing different sports. I swear there are days I marvel that she doesn't snap out of it and decide she can do far better :) . . . but I’m very glad she doesn’t.
My second love for many years would have been C++, which has been pushed out by C#, very powerful, very concise.
I often work with Vb, but I dislike it, being much more enamoured of the curly brace than I am of hugely verbose syntax.
Although it’s many years since we last parted, I still hold a grudge against Vb3, 4, 5 & 6, oh, and all flavours of VBA. Languages that are, IMHO, as wrong and unholy as . . . well . . . something that’s really wrong and unholy (pick your own desecration and go with that imagery, I’m not going to do all the work for you). . . there are whole years I spent bleeding and blistered on the Pre Vb.Net cross . . . and I’m glad I can say “never again”.
Top Network Posts
- 133Add spaces before Capital Letters
- 123A client wants us to screen work machines for pornography. Is it possible?
- 77Does Stream.Dispose always call Stream.Close (and Stream.Flush)
- 71How to convert a single char into an int
- 68Is there any way to close a StreamWriter without closing its BaseStream?
- 67Struct with template variables in C++
- 62Why does Gandalf think he's not strong enough to reveal himself to Sauron via the palantir
- View more network posts →