I'm a professional chef, cooking teacher, recipe developer, and food writer. As director and chef of a personal enrichment cooking school in Savannah, GA (www.700kitchen.com) I teach hands-on personal enrichment classes to those who are wanting to enhance their knowledge, skill, and experience in the kitchen. I also travel around the country to offer hands-on and demonstration cooking classes in other venues that bring in guest chefs.
My website and blog "Beyond the Recipe - Cooking Between the Lines" is all about my teaching philosophy which is to get people look beyond the recipe and understand the background that makes a recipe succcessful and/or unique and interesting. A recipe is really nothing more than a group of techniques paired with a group of ingredients. Whether it be scientific, historical, cultural, and sentimental...every recipe has a story to tell and something to teach!
Please let me know if I can be of assistance and be sure to check out my website at: www.chefdarin.com
Top Network Posts
- 62Why does my food turn out poorly using an All-Clad Stainless-Steel Fry Pan?
- 45Parmesan rind: should I use it, or trash it?
- 43Do you heat the pan first, then add oil? Or put the oil in and heat up with the pan?
- 40Why does a brown paper bag speed ripening?
- 31Stock vs Broth - What's the difference in usage?
- 27Should I refrigerate eggs?
- 27What does it mean to "fold in" an ingredient into a mix?
- View more network posts →