Programmer from way way back, now a writer. Been learning to cook better as I live on my own.
Have watched the "healthy eating" debates over the years in the mass media and wondered why what was supposed to be "good for you" (mostly low-fat) was never as good as what I wanted to eat. Read "Sweet Poison" and "Big Fat Lies" and realized we should be eating what our ancestors ate rather than what post-industrial factories are processing. That means saturated fat over unsaturated and salt over sugar! Funny how everything tastes a lot better now...
Top Network Posts
- 399Why is setTimeout(fn, 0) sometimes useful?
- 141insert multiple rows via a php array into mysql
- 58MyISAM versus InnoDB
- 55How can I split a string at the first occurrence of "-" (minus sign) into two $vars with PHP?
- 39MySQL pagination without double-querying?
- 28What is the purpose of null?
- 27Date Arithmetic in PHP
- View more network posts →