Ceramic collector, obsessive cook, entrepreneur and professional geek.
I was doing a one-person consultancy for a couple of years, doing some Rails stuff, some .Net services work, and some work in Groovy/Java for a pharmaceutical firm called Dendreon. When that project wrapped up, I took a Rails-focused job at a hybrid Ruby/C# shop, Getty Images.
I'm interested in functional languages like Scala and F# but have relatively limited real-world experience with them.
In previous lives, I've worked for Microsoft, Revenue Science (now Audience Science), Zillow, and a travel company called Virtuoso, the Seattle Times, and a very strange financial/transportation conglomerate.
My long term professional ambition is to find a way to work from Tokyo/Kawasaki/Yokohama either 100% or via frequent travel or remote work opportunities. If you're interested in tracking down a reasonably competent Rails or ASP.net MVC guy and are located near Seattle, WA or Tokyo, Japan or don't mind me working mostly remotely, feel free to contact me.
Top Network Posts
- 264How can I install a local gem?
- 81What is the meaning of "h" in "<%=h [ ...] %>"?
- 76Value vs Entity objects (Domain Driven Design)
- 72Using C# regular expressions to remove HTML tags
- 34In ASP.NET MVC, how does response.redirect work?
- 34Why do most 2D platformers start off in the left and progress in the right direction?
- 31Which questions should I ask when interviewing with a startup?
- View more network posts →