This weekly topic contest has been discontinued.
Thank you all for your participation.
The basic idea of a Topic of the Week contest is to increase the content we have about hot and/or underrepresented topics. Feel free to leave suggestions here for future topics.
How it works: We will designate one topic each week, and each person who asks a question relating to that topic will be eligible to win a prize.
Congratulations to Sobachatina, winner of the dessert contest!
How to enter: Ask a question relating to the topic of the week, and tag it accordingly. Each question you ask will get you one entry into a random drawing to win a book of your choice (under $50).
Choosing the topic of the week: Topics are chosen based on community input. If you have suggestions for next week's topic, please leave them as answers to this post.
Fine Print: This contest is open to all users across the globe, but the book of the winner's choice must be available for purchase online so that Stack Exchange can easily buy and ship it. The book does not have to be related to the topic of that week, but it should be related to cooking. Questions must remain open and not have a negative score in order to be eligible. You must include at least one of the designated tags for the current contest, but you may add additional tags as necessary. Each person may only win one weekly topic contest in an 8-week period.
Previous Weekly Challenge Topics & Winners:
- Jan 3 - 10: Deep frying (winner FuzzyChef)
- Jan 10 - 17: Cheese (winner rumtscho)
- Jan 17 - 31: Pastry (winner KatieK)
- Jan 31 - February 7: Soup (winner Aaronut)
- Feb 7 - 14: Chocolate (winner ElendilTheTall)
- Feb 14 - 21: Vegetarian/vegan (winner Sam Ley)
- Feb 21 - 28: Bread (winner rfusca)
- Feb 28 - March 6: Sauce (winner mfg)
- Mar 6 - 13: Middle Eastern cuisine (winner Mien)
- March 13 - April 3: Pies, cakes, cookies (winners jotyc, rumtscho, and village)
- April 3 - 10: Catering & bulk cooking (winner Sobachatina)
- April 10 - 17: French cuisine (winner BaffledCook)
- April 17 - 24: Gluten-free cooking (winner F'x)
- April 24 - May 1: Coffee (winner Jay)
- May 1 - 8: Mexican cuisine (winner ElendilTheTall)
- May 8 - 15: Condiments (winner Peter Taylor)
- May 15 - 22: Strawberries (winner Ray)
- May 22 - 29: BBQ/grilling (winner yossarian)
- May 29 - June 5: Bacon (winner yamikuronue)
- June 5 - 12: Salad (winner mfg)
- June 12 - 19: Cocktails (winner KatieK)
- June 19 - 26: Vanilla (winner Mien)
- June 26 - July 3: no contest
- July 3 - 10: dessert (winner Sobachatina)